- Posted by Eugene Isaev
- On October 4, 2012
- Comments 0
- Views: 789
Awara have a large experience in construction and real estate law issues both in Greece and abroad (Balkan countries). Our firm actively represents its personal clientele [(including individuals and legal entities such as: Odeon Cineplex, Avis Rent a Car, Domitis (construction company), Abela Group ect], on matters of real estate acquisition conducting extensive due diligence on the legal status of the estates to be acquired, facilitating negotiations with banking institutions and resolving any and all real estate burdens and/or legal issues arising, rapidly and efficiently.
Greek TELFA office is:
- an independent, full service, mid-sized Greek office with trans-European dedication, a nationwide support network, and full fiscal backup;
- an IP/media/entertainment law leader, with an excellent reputation for litigation and arbitration, and a high caliber profile in most of the other areas of practice, especially corporate and commercial;
- a tradition/modernity balanced practice.
- an international office through its active participation in TELFA (Trans European Law Firms Alliance) and active involvement and participation in the specialized legal website “Sharing Legal Knowledge”.
In the recent years we have advised and represented real estate investors (both Greeks and foreigners) in transactions of a total value of approximately 10 million Euro. Our actions covered various fields of real estate transactions, such as execution of deeds between owners and contractors for the construction and further sale of blocks of apartments, donations, settlement of real estate inheritance issues and purchase/sale of real estate property throughout the country. Furthermore, we have assisted our clients during their negotiations with banks, for the financing of such real estate transactions.
We represented our client, Odeon Cineplex (which is the major film and distribution company in Greece), in the creation of a series of multiplex cinemas and commercial malls both in regional areas in Greece but also in Romania where Odeon creates two malls with multiplex cinemas.
We indicatively mention certain cases we have dealt with in the recent past:
- We continue to represent a number of individual and corporate clients, both Greek and foreign, in matters of real estate acquisition and management. By way of example, we recently helped one of our foreign individual clients in purchasing real estate property in a Greek Island. We have secured our client’s interests, by conducting a thorough legal research on the deeds and the legal status of the property in question and we provided legal assistance all the way up to the execution of the final purchase deed, including the coordination and supervision of the issuance of all certificates and the settlement of all legal formalities required for this purchase of land are admittedly lengthy and complicated.
- We represent a foreign private client in his research for the acquisition of a luxury property in Athens, offering full client personalized services including visiting the premises on behalf. Finally, we handle a complex litigation case in which the coheirs of several large properties in the famous island of Mykonos disagree on the way they shall divide said properties. Due to our efforts the two (out of the three) coheirs have finally reached an agreement, which shall greatly affect the outcome of said litigation.
- We have in the past supported a multinational catering services supplier throughout all the process of selling its old premises, buying new land and the construction of an airport based catering facility of 10.000m². Kriton Metaxopoulos has advised the same multinational group in the acquisition and construction of catering units in Italy, Romania and some former Soviet Union Countries. Kriton Metaxopoulos has also for years advised a group of Greek Constructors in its expansion in Romania and the establishment of a local construction company, which until 2000 has built many office and residential buildings in Bucharest.
- We have represented in many occasions our clients in cases involving construction, tax matters, remittance of proceeds arising from liquidation of real estate assets held by foreign individuals/companies ect, and we hold particular expertise in relation to the (restricted) acquisition in “Border” areas.
- We negotiated for its client – a multinational real estate development / commercial centres management company- the potential acquisition of a 60.000m² commercial center in Athens (first of its kind in Greece). We conducted an extensive due diligence of the legal status of the centre to be acquired. Since the centre has been initially constructed for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games, various complex and delicate issues of real estate, corporate and administrative law had to be dealt with during the due diligence.
The correspondence with the client can be carried out, mainly, in English, French, Italian and of course, Greek.
Please note that, in view of the nature of the work in “real estate” cases, we are flexible to adopt the fee arrangement structure that is suitable under the circumstances.
For more information please contact: