- Posted by Awara
- On February 5, 2015
- Comments 0
- Views: 569
*Effective as of February 11, 2015, save for certain provisions 
In order to protect the domestic market, develop the national economy and support Russian manufacturers, the Russian Government issued a decree on January 31, 2015. This decree introduces new restrictions on public purchases of goods from abroad, except Belarus, Kazakhstan and Armenia.
The list of goods subject to restrictions in case of public procurement has been significantly extended in comparison with the restrictions that were introduced previously, while some goods have been excluded from the very same list.
Bans on public purchases of goods from the construction field (tractors, spare parts for bulldozers, loaders) have been introduced, as well as specialized equipment (vehicles for rescue services and police), and goods for maintenance of oil facilities (vehicles for oil operations) and from other fields. At the same time, some restrictions have been lifted for certain types of vehicles and excavators.
More information about the complete list of goods that currently cannot be purchased by public procurement is attached to this legal alert.
Companies participating in state tenders are recommended to take the following measures:
- Review the list of restrictions and categories of goods restricted;
- Suspend any participation in public procurement, if the goods they sell fall under the new restrictions.
Specialists at Awara will be happy to assist you with implementation of new rules or to provide more detailed information.
List of foreign goods the purchase of which is prohibited:
- Trucks and trucks with a crane, others not included in other categories
- Bulldozers on crawler/caterpillar tractors
- Crawler/caterpillar tractors
- Fixed bulldozer blades
- Rotating bulldozer blades
- Bulldozers on wheeled tractors and truck tractors
- Self-contained blade graders
- Self-contained road compactors
- Bucket frontal loaders
- Forklift trucks
- Bucket loaders
- Full-rotating bucket loaders, except front-end loaders
- Multi-bucket excavators
- Self-propelled machines
- Vehicles for passenger transportation; others
- Vehicles for transportation of construction materials
- Lumber carriers
- Vehicles for public transport and road maintenance
- Fire-fighting vehicles
- Vehicles for emergency services and police
- Medical sets in vehicles
- Vehicles for maintenance of oil and gas wells
 Russian Government Decree No. 84 dated January 31, 2015 published on the legal information official web portal (pravo.gov.ru) on 03.02.2015 and effective upon expiration of 7 days from the date of publication (Item 6 Decree N 763 of the Russian President dated 23.05.1996)
 Russian Government Decree No. 84 dated January 31, 2015
 Introduced by Decree of the Russian Government No. 656 dated 14.07.14